OSR October Intro

OSR October is time when people are writing and talking about Old School Games. I heard about it from Rob on the Down in a Heap podcast. So I started the TenKeep Blog to talk about the game.

For me, it all started with woods, old people I knew, and reading The Hobbit. So I thought a Hobbit quote would be a good beginning.

Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, even gruesome may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.

I think the Old School Games are close to early fantasy, they are a thing of the 70's. I started out with the Holmes basic DnD. If you like, what about you?

Picture

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSR, a solo game, and Al Shief's adventure

OSR and Fritz Leiber's "Lean Times in Lankhmar"

OSR and Jack London's "All Gold Canyon"