OSR and two Wizkids, unpainted drow fighters

My daughter stopped in the Brooklyn Strategist and bought me two Wizkids drow minis for my birthday, they were "less cringy" than the others. Today, I learned about drow, and painted.

In the OSE "Advanced Fantasy" rules, drow are, "...slender, fey demihumans with pointed ears, skin as black as the night sky, and hair of white or silver." That's something I could work with. 

As you likely know, Salvatore's Drizzt is the most renowned drow elf - a ranger of novels, and the good story, "Dark Mirror." I learned another in a game with Chris Perkins DMing. A drow agent, an NPC, was leaving the table when Paul Rothfuss' character Viari tried to pick his pocket. It happened almost too fast. Viari failed his roll and the drow poked him with a dagger. Rothfuss' character lived but took 85 hit points, from the poison.

This morning, listening to YouTube's about drow, I painted 2-3 hours.


Painting quickly, it was great seeing their white hair and broody moods. If you know any good drow stories, share them in the comments. 

Thanks for reading.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSR, a solo game, and Al Shief's adventure

OSR and Fritz Leiber's "Lean Times in Lankhmar"

OSR and Jack London's "All Gold Canyon"